In many sources we can find that polished concrete and microcement are historically linked, since microcement is a technical evolution of polished concrete.
The truth is, the only thing they have in common is the final finish, as they are and are worked in different ways.
microcement is a coating that can be applied not only in the earth but also in the walls and above other materials such as tiles , terrazzo , including hob and join other furniture!
This is applied in layers and its final finish can be as little as 5mm.
On the contrary, “ polished concrete “, which, as we have already seen, refers to smooth concrete, is a material that requires a more complex installation.
- Coating, can be applied on top of a support.
- Minimum thickness 2-3 mm.
- Continuous flooring.
- The final finish can be checked.
- Wide range of colors.
- It is a support as such, it does not apply as a coating.
- Minimum thickness 5-10 cm.
- Expansion joints required.
- Horizontal application only.
- Heterogeneous and organic finish.
- Limitations in applying color